CIBC World Markets
Kelsen Vallee leads CIBC’s Energy Transition efforts for investment banking directing the activities and growth in the areas of climatech and energy transition infrastructure. Kelsen also provides investment banking services for his power and energy infrastructure clients. His experience spans M&A, strategic advisory and capital raising transactions, including transactions such as:
- Advising Greengate Power on the construction financing for Travers Solar from Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners,
- Acting for TransAlta on the green bond project financing for its Windrise facility in Alberta,
- Advising SaskPower on the sale of its stake in Muskeg River Cogeneration to Heartland Generation,
- Advising Ontario Teachers Pension Plan on the sale of BluEarth Renewables to Dutch Infrastructure Fund,
- Acting for TC Energy on the sale of three gas-fired power plants to Ontario Power Generation.
Kelsen is also active in providing policy and structuring perspectives relating to power, CCUS and similar matters to policymakers, corporates and investors.
Kelsen graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) Finance from the University of Ottawa, where he was awarded the Faculty Plaque. He is also a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Charterholder.